Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Jams, Jellies, & Sauces
Found yourself with a Watermelon and not sure what to do with it? Make jelly and savor the flavor for months!
- 6 cups watermelon, seeded and chopped
5 cups of sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 packages liquid fruit pectin
1. Chop and seed watermelon. Once you have 6 cups of watermelon, puree it in a food processor. Strain the puree until you are left with only 2 cups of watermelon juice.
2. In a large saucepan, add watermelon juice, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, and food coloring. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
3. Add in pectin. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim any foam from the surface.
4. Ladle jelly into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
5. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
6. Place jar in canner and process for 10 minutes.
7. Remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals.
8. Label and date your jars.
9. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.