Venison Lasagna Roll-Ups
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Venison Lasagna Roll-Ups are a fun twist on traditional lasagna with the same ingredients but rolled up.
- 1 box lasagna noodles
1 lb. Venison Italian sausage
1 lb. ground venison
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
12 oz. can tomato paste
2/3 cup water
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. parsley
2 tsp. dried basil
¾ tsp. fennel seed
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
4 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
1 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and let cool on a flat surface.
2. In a large pan, cook the venison Italian sausage. Once cooked through, set aside in a bowl. Cook the ground venison and diced onions. Towards the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add the minced garlic.
3. In a large sauce pan, combine the cooked venison, onions, and garlic along with the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, parsley, basil, fennel, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Lay a lasagna noodles on a cutting board. Add a spoonful of the meat mixture and spread evenly in the center of the noodle. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Tightly roll the noodle and then slice in half. Place ribbon side up on a cake or pie pan. Repeat with remaining noodles.
6. Sprinkle lasagna roll-ups with additional mozzarella, as desired.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese starts to melt.
8. Top with parsley and serve.