Veggie Quinoa Rice Pilaf
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Veggie Quinoa Rice Pilaf is a medley of quinoa, rice, carrots, broccoli, and onion. A quick and easy side dish that pairs well with steak, chicken, and other meats.
- 1 small white onion, diced
2-3 large carrots, diced
1 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup jasmine rice
3/4 cup quinoa
3 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
1 head broccoli, finely diced
1. In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add diced onions and carrots. Sauté until carrots are tender and onion translucent.
2. Add rice, quinoa, water, and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until most but not all of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Add the broccoli and cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove cover. Season. Toss to combine and serve!