Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Vegetable Risotto is a delicious combination of creamy risotto rice, carrots, onion, zucchini, broccoli, and spinach.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (divided)
2 cups carrots, diced
1 large white onion, diced
1-2 zucchini, diced
2 cups spinach, diced
2 cups broccoli, diced
2.5 cups arborio rice
6-7 cups vegetable stock
1 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
1. Dice all the vegetables. Keep the vegetables separate.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot. Add the carrots. Cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Remove carrots, transfer to bowl, and set aside.
3. Using the same large pot, add another 1 tbsp. olive oil and white onion. Cook for 4-6 minutes until onion is translucent. Add rice. Cook for about 1 minute until you see white spot in the grain.
4. Add 1 cup of the vegetable broth to the rice and onion mixture. Let cook and stir frequently until liquid is absorbed. Repeat with white wine then repeat with another 6 cups of vegetable stock (reserving 1 cup vegetable stock)
5. Add the zucchini, spinach, broccoli, and remaining cup of vegetable stock. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add vegan Parmesan cheese.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.