Valentine’s Day Cookies
Peanut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A wonderful Valentine's Day cookie with a soft sugar cookie inside and a crisp dairy-free glaze. Perfect for snacking! Kids will have fun creatively decorating these cookies.
- Cookie Ingredients
1 lb. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cup flour
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp. light corn syrup
4 tbsp. almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
Pink or red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter. Add sugar and mix until butter and sugar are light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt. Mix until combined. Add egg and mix. Gradually, add the flour. Mix until well-incorporated.
3. Roll into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Transfer dough to a clean, lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out the cookies and and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. Once you have cut out all of your hearts, recombine the dough scraps, roll out the dough, and cut more cookies.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. For the glaze, combine powdered sugar, 4 tbsp. almond milk, and 3 tbsp. light corn syrup. Mix until combined. Add vanilla and almond extract. Mix until well combined.
7. Glaze your cookies and enjoy!