Turkey Taco Bowls
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A great Taco Tuesday meal the whole family will enjoy. Lay each of the ingredients out and let them create their own tacos. Turkey Taco Bowls have all your favorite toppings but are made with Turkey and intended to be a bit healthier than your normal beef tacos.
- 1 small white onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 lb. ground turkey
5 tbsp. taco seasoning
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups fresh corn
1 red romaine lettuce, shredded
1-pint tomatoes, diced
1 cup vegan shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 bag corn tortilla chips
1-pint vegan sour cream
1 jar taco sauce
Cilantro Lime Rice
1. In a large skillet over medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add diced red pepper and onion, sauté for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add 1-2 minced garlic cloves and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey. Towards the end, stir in taco seasoning into turkey and its juices.
3. Once turkey is cooked through, turn off heat. Add cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
4. To assemble, fill bowls with lettuce. Top with turkey mixture, vegan cheese, cilantro lime rice, black beans, corn, and tomatoes.
5. Serve with chips. Top with vegan sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or taco sauce.