Turkey Rice Soup
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
What can you do with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving dinner? Make Turkey Rice soup! Turkey Rice soup is made of onion, carrots, yellow pepper, garlic, jasmine rice, and turkey topped with crispy crumbled bacon and parsley.
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crispy
1 tbsp. reserved bacon drippings
1 white onion, diced
2-3 large carrots, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup cooking white wine
5 cups chicken broth
2-3 cups leftover turkey, diced or shredded
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
Salt & pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. reserved bacon drippings. Add diced onion, carrots, and yellow pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Add minced garlic cloves and cook for another minute.
2. Add white wine and chicken broth. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the jasmine rice according to package instructions. We prefer to cook and keep this separate so that you can reheat the soup without soggy rice.
4. Add leftover turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. To serve, add rice to bowl then add soup. Top with crumbled crispy bacon and fresh parsley. Enjoy!