Tomato Corn Salsa
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Low Fat, Low Carb, Low Sodium
Tomato Corn Salsa is a delicious homemade salsa made of tomatoes, corn, red onion, and jalapenos. Serve with chips, add to burritos or over eggs. Use your imagination. Extremely versatile.
- 5 lbs. tomatoes, diced
4 fresh corn, shucked and removed from the cob
1 red onion, diced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
1 tsp. salt
3 limes, juiced
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1. Prepare and sterilize jars ahead of time. Fire up the canner.
2. Dice tomatoes, cut corn off cob, dice red onion and jalapenos. Once diced, add to 6-quart pot.
3. Add salt, lime juice, chili powder, and cilantro.
4. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
5. Ladle the salsa into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
6. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
7. Place jar in canner and process for 10 minutes.
8. Remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals.
9. Label and date the jars.
10. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 6 months.