Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Growing up, Kristina always brought her own cornish hen to family Thanksgiving dinners. It was a convenient way to stay safe. Once she started hosting, she was so excited to create her very own first stuffed turkey and was roasted with the buttery spread! Our Thanksgiving Turkey is stuffed with onion, lemon, apple, and fresh herbs and basted in the buttery spread.
- 12-20 lb. turkey
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 lemon, quartered
1 apple, quartered
.75 oz. container fresh rosemary
.75 oz. container, fresh thyme
.75 oz. container, fresh sage
1 cup vegan buttery spread
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
1. If the turkey is frozen. Thaw in the fridge, 24 hours for every 5 lbs. of turkey.
2. Remove the thawed turkey from the fridge 1 hour before roasting, to let it come to room temperature.
3. Adjust your oven rack so the turkey will sit in the center. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4. For the herb butter, combine room temperature butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp. fresh chopped thyme, 1 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary, and ½ tbsp. chopped sage.
5. Remove turkey from packaging. Remove the neck and giblets from inside cavities. Pat the turkey very dry with paper towels.
6. Season the cavity of the turkey with salt & pepper. Stuff it with lemon, onion, apple, and leftover herbs.
7. Rub the herb butter on the exterior of the turkey.
8. Roast at 325 degrees for about 13-15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches about 165 degrees. Cover with foil for half the time and baste every 30 minutes.
9. Allow turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving. Reserve any drippings.