Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
This Teriyaki Chicken salad is made with teriyaki chicken, red pepper, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, carrots, avocado, and romaine lettuce. The chicken is marinated in a homemade teriyaki sauce, locking in that deliciously juicy flavor!
- Teriyaki Sauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce or Liquid amino acids
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. ginger, grated
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1 red pepper, diced
1 pint tomatoes
1 red onion, sliced
1 cucumber, diced
2-3 large carrots, diced
Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1. For the teriyaki sauce, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame seeds, grated ginger, and minced garlic.
2. Divide the teriyaki sauce into half. Pour half of the teriyaki sauce over boneless chicken breasts. Let marinate for 20-30 minutes. Then cook in skillet. Set aside and let cool. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Combine the other half of teriyaki sauce with 1/2 cup olive oil in mason jar. Shake to mix.
4. For the salad, combine diced red peppers, diced tomatoes, sliced red onions, diced cucumber, and diced carrots.
5. For meal prep, store the salad mixture as is and separate from the lettuce and dressing.
6. To serve, combine 1/4 of the salad mixture with lettuce and diced avocado in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with sesame seeds.