Sweet & Spicy Chili Venison Bites
Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Sweet & Spicy Chili Venison Bites are made of breaded fried venison bites covered in a sweet & spicy chili sauce.
- Venison Bites
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 packages venison chops or steaks
Freshly ground salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
3 tbsp. Crunchy Garlic Chili Sauce
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1. Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, Chinese five-spice powder, and garlic powder in bowl. Mix until combined.
2. Cut the venison into 1 inch bites. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
3. Add diced venison to flour mixture and toss to coat.
4. Heat a large cast iron pan with 1/4 inch oil to about 350 degrees. Add the diced steak, cooking in batches. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove bits, place on plate lined with paper towel, and repeat with remaining batches.
6. While the bites cook, heat the sesame oil in a pan. Combine the remaining sauce ingredients in a bowl. Carefully, add the hot sesame oil and mix until combined.
7. Once all the bites are cooked, transfer to bowl, drizzle half the sauce, toss to coat, then drizzle remaining sauce.