Sweet Potato Soup With Bacon
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Sweet Potato Soup is an easy soup recipe perfect for cold winter days! Sweet Potato Soup consists of a creamy sweet potato base with crispy crumbled bacon on top.
- 1 lb. bacon
1 white onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
6 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 cup coconut milk
1. In a large skillet or cast iron, cook bacon until crispy. Repeat until all the bacon is done. Reserve 3 tbsp. bacon grease.
2. Add diced onion and celery to pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
3. In a large soup pot, combine sweet potatoes, chicken broth, sautéed vegetables, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
4. In batches, puree the soup until smooth. Return soup to pot. Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Taste test. Add more salt, pepper, and/or coconut milk as desired.
5. Serve with crispy, crumbled bacon on top.