Sweet Fire Chicken
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Inspired by Panda Express, Sweet Fire Chicken is made with pineapple, red pepper, and breaded chicken covered in sweet chili sauce.
- 1 cup flour
1 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup almond milk
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup + 1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 red pepper, diced
1 can pineapple chunks
1/2-1 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
White rice, cooked
green onion, diced
1. Combine 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 cup flour, and 1 cup cornstarch in a bowl. Stir to combine.
2. In an another bowl, add 1 cup almond milk.
3. Dice the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Once diced, dip the chicken into the flour mixture, then milk, and then back into the flour mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Heat skillet with vegetable oil. Use enough vegetable oil so that there is about 1 inch depth.
5. In batches, add the chicken to the pan. Make sure you don't overcrowd the pan. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat once browned and place on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining chicken.
6. Meanwhile, heat another skillet with about 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Add diced red pepper and pineapple. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add breaded chicken and Thai sweet chili sauce. Toss to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve over rice and top with green onions.