Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free
This Swedish Meatball recipe is made of meatballs covered in beef gravy served over egg noodles and topped with parsley.
- Meatball Ingredients
3 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 white onion, diced
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parsley
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1-3 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. flour
2 cups beef broth
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp. freshly ground salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1. In a small skillet, heat olive oil. Add diced onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, sauteed onions, eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
3. Form into 1 inch balls.
4. In a large soup pan, add 1-2 tbsp. olive oil. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Once browned, remove and set side aside leaving the drippings in the pan. Work in batches until all the meatballs are browned.
5. Sprinkle flour over the drippings and cook for 2-3 minutes until flour turns light golden brown.
6. Slowly add in the beef broth. Mix to combine. Add Worcestershire sauce, almond milk, salt, and pepper. Continue to mix until combined.
7. Cook for 5-6 minutes until gravy starts to thicken. Add meatballs to pot. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
8. Serve over egg noodles and top with extra parsley.