Sugar Cookie Bars
Dairy-Free, Fish-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Soy-Free
Sugar Cookie Bars are buttery, soft, and delicious sugar bars that can be decorated for any occasion.
- Sugar Cookie Bars
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 large egg or its equivalent
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. almond extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. If available, use a stand mixer or hand electric mixer. Add the unsalted butter, shortening, and white sugar. Beat until fluffy.
3. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix.
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until dough starts to form. It will be a bit crumbly. Remove mixer and use your hands to work the dough together.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Transfer cookie dough to pan. Press dough into pan.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes. Let the bars cool before frosting.
8. For the frosting, beat the butter and slowly add in the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add in vanilla early. As needed, add 1 tbsp. almond milk at a time. Beat until fluffy. Add food color as desired.
9. Once the bars are cooled, frost and top with sprinkles. Cut into squares.