Strawberry Spinach Salad
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Strawberry Spinach Salad consists of spinach, strawberries, red onion, pecans, chicken, couscous, and sweet potatoes coated in a poppy seed dressing.
- Salad Ingredients
1/3 cup pecans
1 red onion, diced
1 pint strawberries, diced
2 chicken breasts, cooked (optional)
1 large sweet potato (optional)
1 tbsp. olive oil (optional)
1 cup couscous (optional)
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. poppy seed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Dice sweet potato into small pieces. Toss to coat with 1 tsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. On a baking sheet lined with foil, spread out diced sweet potatoes in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove, set aside, and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, cook 1 cup couscous according to package instructions. Remove from heat, set aside, and let cool.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken for 6 minutes, flip, cook for another 6 minutes, flip, and cook for a final 6 minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool. Dice/shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
5. Once the sweet potatoes and couscous have cooled, combine in a large bowl. Add the diced chicken, pecans, and diced red onions. Toss to combine.
6. If meal prepping, store the mixture separate from the strawberries, spinach, and dressing. We typically store and divide this into 4 meals for 2 people.
7. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a mason jar. Shake to combine.
8. When ready to serve, add the desired amount of the chicken mixture to a large serving bowl. Add diced strawberries and spinach. Toss to combine. Pour your desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.