Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Strawberry shortcake is layers of shortbread, strawberries, and whipped cream. The perfect dessert for summer, especially with fresh strawberries.
- Shortbread Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
2/3 cup almond milk
1 cup vegan whipped cream
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 pint Strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Work in butter cubes until mixture is crumbly.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg and almond milk. Add to crumb mixture. Mix until combined.
4. Spray two 8-inch baking pans with cooking spray. Divide batter between to pans - slightly build up the edges.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Once cooled, place cake layer on plate, add whipped cream,
7. We either use So Deliciouus Frozen Whipped Cream or Rich's Whip. Rich's Whip needs to be mixed with a hand-mixer until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla
8. Place one layer of shortbread on plate. Top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Top with other shortbread layer. Add more whipped cream and strawberries. Slice and serve!