Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Jams, Jellies, & Sauces
4-5 Pint Jars
Go strawberry picking and savor the flavor all year long with Strawberry Jam.
- 3 lbs. strawberries
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 packages pectin
6 cups sugar
1. Prepare and sterilize jars ahead of time. Fire the canner.
2. Hull strawberries. Crush strawberries, so that you have 5 cups of packed, crushed strawberries.
3. In a large pot, add strawberries and lemon juice. Gradually stir in pectin.
4. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
5. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Return mixture to full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim any foam from the surface.
6. Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
7. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
8. Place jar in canner and process for 10 minutes.
9. Carefully remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals.
10. Label and date the lids.
11. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.