Steak Roll-ups with Summer Veggies
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Nut-Free
A delicious summer appetizer loaded with summer veggies and wrapped in juicy tenderloin with a spicy, tasty sauce drizzled on top. This one is sure to be a winner in any steak lover's book.
- Sauce Ingredients
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 medium white onion
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. hot chili paste
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tbsp. cilantro
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/3 cup water
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 yellow pepper, cut into matchsticks
1 bunch asparagus, remove stems & cut to 3-4 inches
1 white onion, cut into matchsticks
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread + 2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
Salt & pepper
2 lbs. beef tenderloin
1. In saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread. Cut white onion into slices and add to pan. Lower the heat and cook the onion on low for 20 minutes or until the onion is caramelized. Stir every 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Cut carrots, yellow pepper, asparagus, and white onion into 3 inch long matchstick pieces.
3. Heat skillet with 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread & 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add matchstick veggies, 2 minced garlic cloves, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Slice tenderloin into 3 inch long, 1 inch wide strips.
5. Arrange the vegetables into a small pile in the center of each tenderloin slice. Tightly roll the meat around the vegetables and secure with toothpick.
6. To grill, preheat the grill to 375-400 degrees. Cook steak roll-up for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat. For the stovetop method, heat olive oil in skillet. Working in batches, add the tenderloin roll-ups to skillet. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side to get some nice color on the steak.
7. Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the caramelized onion, soy sauce, hot pepper, 6 minced garlic cloves, ginger, vinegar, cilantro, chili powder, sesame oil, and water.
8. Serve steak roll-ups with sauce!