Southwestern Wedding Soup
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A southwestern twist on traditional wedding soup. Southwestern Wedding Soup is a medley of chicken meatballs, carrots, celery, corn, black beans, and acini de pepe.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (separated)
4 carrots, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 white onion
2 lbs. ground chicken
2 cups breadcrumbs (allowed)
8 tbsp. taco seasoning (2 packets)
2 eggs or its equivalent
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups corn
12 cups chicken broth
2 cups acini de pepe
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
1. Dice carrots, celery, and onion. Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add veggies. Sauté until tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, taco seasoning, eggs, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roll meatballs into 3/4 inch balls.
3. Gently add the meatballs to the chicken broth. Cook meatballs for 10-15 minutes until no longer pink.
4. Add sautéed vegetables and corn to the chicken broth.. Cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook acini de pepe according to package instructions.
6. Serve soup over acini de pepe and top with fresh cilantro.