Southwest Chicken Burritos
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Wanting a hearty breakfast? Quick, filling lunch? Looking for a burrito recipe to fulfill that craving? We've got the recipe for you. This flavor-packed southwest style chicken burrito will have your mouth watering from start to finish. These Southwest Burritos are made of southwestern flavored chicken, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, and avocado wrapped in a flour tortilla with a southwest spread.
- 2 lbs. Southwest Chicken (homemade or store bought), cooked and diced
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, diced
1-2 avocados, sliced
6 oz. vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, heat skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flip, and cook for 8-10 minutes until done. Remove from heat, let cool, and dice into small pieces.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay 1/2 lb. bacon on cooking sheet, evenly spaced. Cook for 7 minutes, flip, and cook for another 7 minutes. Add 1-2 minutes depending on your oven and desired crispiness. Remove bacon from pan, let cool on paper towel, and later crumble. Repeat with other 1/2 lb. of bacon.
4. Slice the lettuce. Dice the tomatoes and red onion.
5. To make the southwest spread, combine vegan cream cheese, BBQ sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mix until well combined.
6. For meal prep, I store everything separately in small dishes.
7. To assemble, spread a 1-2 tbsp. of southwest spread on flour tortilla. Layer chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado. Roll up!
8. Enjoy! And feel free to use extra southwest spread as a dip for the tortillas!