Southern Baked Beans
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Between our smoker and our love for BBQ, we like to mix it up with our homemade baked bean recipe. These Southern Baked Beans are made of Busch's baked beans, ground beef, sweet onion, red pepper, and bacon lathered in sauce.
- 1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 red pepper
2 cans Busch's Baked Beans
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp. yellow mustard
4 strips bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it starts to get crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the drippings.
3. Using the same skillet, cook ground beef. Once cooked through, transfer ground beef to a 9x13 baking dish.
4. Using the small skillet, add 1 tbsp. olive oil as well as diced onions and red pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer sautéed onions and peppers to baking dish with the beef.
5. In a medium bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, dark brown sugar, ketchup, and yellow mustard. Mix until combined. Add to baking dish.
6. Add baked beans to baking dish. Stir until combined.
7. Top beans with cooked, crumbled bacon. (If you have extra bacon, you can always fry it up and add some crispy bacon as a topping to the beans).
7. Bake the beans for 45 minutes - stirring halfway through.
8. Let the beans cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!