Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free
Slow Cooker Pot Roast is a classic slow cooker meal made of a medley of beef chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery served over rice. It is, without doubt, one of the hardest recipes to say "just one more bite" to. With every bite being hearty and flavorful, this shouldn't come as a surprise.
- 3 to 3 ½ lb. boneless chuck roast
Salt and pepper
1 ½ tbsp. canola oil
1 ½ cups beef broth
½ cup dry wine
¼ cup flour
2 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 lbs. gold potatoes
2-3 large carrots, sliced
2-3 celery ribs, diced
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Season beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
2. In a small bow, combine beef broth, wine, flour, tomato paste, and Worcestershire. Set aside.
3. Add the seared beef to the 4 quart or larger slow cooker and add broth mixture. Add 2 garlic cloves, 6 sprigs thyme, and 1 bay leaf.
4. Cook for 4-5 hours.
5. Meanwhile, slice carrots, slice potatoes, dice celery, and dice onions.
6. Remove roast from crock pot. Add carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion.
7. Shred beef into chucks. Return beef to crockpot and cook for 1 hours until vegetables are tender.
8. Cook rice according to package instructions.
9. Combine 2 tbsp. flour with 2 tbsp. water. Stir until well mixed and add to crock pot. Stir in and cook for another 1 hour to let it thicken.