Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free
Beef and broccoli is a classic Asian dish made of beef, onion, garlic, and broccoli in a beef broth-based sauce served over rice. Even though it is traditionally made in a wok, this recipe uses a slow cooker instead.
- 1 ½ lb. beef chuck (roast or chuck steak),
1 cup beef broth
½ cup soy sauce or Liquid amino acids
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt & pepper
2½ tbsp. cornstarch
3 cups broccoli
White rice, cooked
1. Add beef and onion to slow cooker.
2. Whisk beef broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over beef and onions.
3. Cook on low heat for 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours, until meat is cooked through.
4. Remove roast from slow cooker. Let cool. Shred with fork.
5. Ladle 1/4 cup of the broth from slow cooker. Mix in cornstarch until smooth.
6. Return beef and cornstarch mixture to slow cooker.
7. Increase to high heat and cook 20 minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
8. Meanwhile, cook rice according to instructions and stem broccoli separately to your desired doneness..
9. Serve beef mixture over rice and broccoli.