Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Sesame Chicken is a classic Asian dish made of breaded chicken with a tasty sesame sauce served over rice and topped with green onions. Lightly breaded tender chicken pieces fried in vegetable oil to a crisp golden color...And that's not even the best part! Once this chicken has been doused in our savory/sweet sauce, it'll have your taste buds craving more.
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup flour
1 cup cornstarch plus another 2 tsp.
1 cup almond milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 green onion bundle, sliced
Vegetable oil for frying
Serve over sticky rice
1. Combine 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 cup flour, and 1 cup cornstarch in a bowl. Stir to combine.
2. In another bowl, add 1 cup almond milk.
3. Dice the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Once diced, dip the chicken into the flour mixture, then milk, and then back into the flour mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Heat vegetable oil in skillet. Use enough vegetable oil so that there is about 1 inch depth.
5. In batches, add the chicken to the pan. Make sure you don't overcrowd the pan. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat once browned and place on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining chicken.
6. Meanwhile, heat another skillet with about 1 tsp. olive oil and minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. To make the sauce, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, 2 tsp. cornstarch, and sautéed garlic in a saucepan. Bring to simmer and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
8. Meanwhile, make sticky rice according to package instructions.
9. Add the chicken to a 12-inch skillet or larger. Toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds and toss to coat.
10. Serve sesame chicken over rice. Top with green onions & more sesame seeds.