Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Soy-Free, Shellfish-Free
1 hour 15 minutes
Scalloped Potatoes are a rich and creamy potato dish made of sliced potatoes, cream sauce, and cheese. The perfect side for almost any occasion!
- 4 cups potatoes, thinly sliced (Russet or Gold Potatoes)
3 garlic cloves
4 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
4 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
3 cups almond milk
2 cups vegan cheddar cheese shreds
3 cups ham (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt vegan buttery spread in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté for additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the flour until it is evenly combined and cook for 1 more minute. Gradually pour in the almond milk, and whisk until combined. Add the salt and pepper until combined. Continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce just barely begins to simmer around the edge of the pan and thickens. Then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Spread some of the sauce along the bottom of the pan. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, top with cream sauce, add ham, and vegan cheddar shreds. Repeat layers another two times ending with the vegan cheese.
4. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. The sauce should be nice and bubbly around the edges. Then remove the foil and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.