Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Pizza pockets are made of homemade pizza dough stuffed with Italian sausage, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni. A dairy-free living dream, homemade pizza pockets!
- 1 package yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 jar marinara sauce
1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked (optional)
2 cups vegan shredded mozzarella
1 package pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare dough. Mix 1 package of yeast, 1 cup warm water, and 1 tsp. sugar together. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, and 2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Mix until dough forms. Cover with towel and let rest for another 10 minutes.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into two. Set one aside for later. On the floured surface, stretch the dough into a 12x24 inch rectangle. Repeat with other dough.
4. Combine half the mariana sauce with Italian sausage. Mix until meat is covered with mariana.
5. For the filling, layer the marinara, Italian sausage, mozzarella, and pepperoni in the center of the rectangle, leaving about a 1-1/2 on the top and bottom. Repeat with other dough.
6. Slice the dough through the center so that you have four 6x24 rectangles.
7. Fold the center edge towards the outer edge and pat down. This will create a long roll-up. Repeat as needed.
8. Now, you should have 4 roll-ups. Slice each roll into 4 equal pieces. Pinch the edges closed.
9. Place pizza pocket on a foil covered cookie sheet.
10. Brush the tops with olive oil.
11. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
***Freeze for up to 1 month.