Sausage Pepper Bagel Bites
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Sausage Pepper Bagel Bites are made of maple sausage patties, sautéed mini peppers and onion, egg, and cheddar cheese topped on a mini bagel slice.
- 6 mini bagels, sliced
2 packages maple sausage patties
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 bag mini peppers, sliced
1 white onion, diced
4-8 oz. vegan shredded cheese
2-3 eggs (or Egg free substitute)
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees
2. In a large cast iron pan, cook the sausage patties breaking them up with a spatula as they cook. Once cooked, transfer to a large bowl.
3. In the same pan, add 2 tbsp. olive oil, sliced mini peppers, and diced onion. Cook for 5-8 minutes until onions becomes translucent. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
4. Scramble 2-3 eggs (or substitute) and then transfer to bowl. Add vegan cheddar shreds and mix until combined.
5. Open the bagel and divide into 2 slices. On a cookie sheet covered in foil, lay out 12 bagel slices.
6. Mound the sausage mixture on top of each bagel slice.
7. Cook the bagels for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.