Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
One of our hearty breakfast alternatives that is great for on-the-go! Sausage Breakfast Burritos are made of sausage, onion, red pepper, green pepper, potatoes, eggs, and vegan cheddar shreds wrapped in a tortilla.
- 1 lb. Jimmie Dean Sausage
1 large white onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 yellow potatoes, diced
8 eggs, whisked
1 bag vegan Cheddar Shreds
Salt & pepper
10-14 tortillas (depends on much you fill them)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large skillet, cook sausage until done, Remove from pan and transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the diced potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on a cookie sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, flip, and cook for another 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to large bowl.
4. In the same skillet with any remaining grease, add 1 tbsp. buttery spread and diced red pepper, green pepper, and onion. Cook until onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add sausage to bowl.
5. In the same pan, add the whisked eggs. Cook until eggs are scrambled and season with salt and pepper. Transfer eggs to large bowl.
6. Add 1 bag of vegan Cheddar shreds to the bowl. Mix to combine.
7. Assemble burritos. Scope about 3/4 cup per tortilla.
8. If you are eating the burritos right away, roll, secure with toothpick, and place on cookie sheet to warm. Cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes until cheese is melted.
9. Alternatively, if its meal prep, then roll the burrito and wrap in foil. You can store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for 3 months.