Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Russian Fluff is a casserole traditionally made of beef, rice, onion, and tomato sauce. There are different variations. Inspired by Grandma's recipe, our Russian Fluff recipe includes the classic ingredients with the addition of celery, green pepper, mushrooms, and bacon.
- 1 lb. ground beef
1-1/2 cup jasmine rice
2-1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. buttery spread
3 celery stalks, diced
1 white onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
4 oz. mushrooms, diced
15 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium to high heat, cook and crumble the beef. Drain the grease, transfer to a 9x13 baking dish, and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. buttery spread along with diced celery, onion, green peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until onions are translucent. Then, transfer to baking dish.
4. In a medium pot, bring water to boil. Add jasmine rice, cover, and simmer until rice is cooked. Once cooked, transfer to baking dish.
5. Add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper to baking dish. Stir to combine.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with crumbled bacon on top!