Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Soy-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free, Gluten-Free
Jams, Jellies, & Sauces
4-5 Pint Jars
Every summer, we pick raspberries and savor the flavor all year long! We have made raspberry jam with red raspberries, golden raspberries, and black raspberries. Taste test the different varieties or make a layered raspberry jam with some of each.
- 4 cups raspberries
1 liquid pectin
2 tbsp. lemon juice
6 cups sugar
1. Prepare and sterilize jars ahead of time. Fire up the canner.
2. Measure 4 cups raspberries. Make sure they are crushed and packed into the measuring cup.
3. In a large pot, add crushed raspberries and lemon juice. Gradually stir in pectin.
4. Bring mixture to a full rolling bowl, stirring constantly.
5. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Return mixture to full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim any foam from the surface.
6. Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
7. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
8. Place jar in canner and process for 10 minutes.
9. Remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals.
10. Label and date jars.
11. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.