Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A tasty variation to traditional green peppers. Our Quinoa Stuffed Peppers consist of poblano peppers stuffed with quinoa, ground beef, onion, garlic cloves, tomato, corn, and seasonings topped with vegan shredded cheddar cheese.
- 2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. salt
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
¼ tsp. pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
14.5 oz. tomato sauce
14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
1 cup corn
1 bag vegan shredded cheddar cheese
Poblano or green peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 2-5 minutes. Remove peppers, drain, and set in cold water. Once cooled, place peppers on paper towels to dry.
4. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
5. Cook beef and diced onion. Towards the end add parsley flakes, paprika, salt, crushed red pepper, and garlic cloves.
6. Add quinoa to beef mixture. Mix to combine. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and corn. Cook until mixture is heated through.
7. Fill each pepper with the quinoa and beef mixture.
8. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 10 minutes longer.