Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
1 hour 45 minutes
Mary Jo Koslosky
Our pumpkin roll is made of a pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling. It is a must-have for Thanksgiving! Often, we make two so that there is enough for leftovers. Our favorite way to eat it is chilled right out of the freezer.
- 3 eggs or equivalent
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
8 oz. vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients. Mix well.
3. Line cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Spread batter evenly. Bake at 375 degrees about 15 minutes, depending on your oven temperature. Test cake with toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, cake is done.
4. Cool cake 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with powder sugar. Cover with a dish towel. Hold the dish towel over the cake and quickly turn over onto counter. Remove wax paper.
5. Roll cake in the towel and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more.
6. Prepare filling: Combine all 4 ingredients and beat with a mixer until smooth.
7. Take roll out of refrigerator. Carefully unroll and put on foil.
8. Cover roll with cream cheese mixture. Spread to all corners. Roll up again and secure in foil.
9. Put in freezer until ready to use. You can take it out of the freezer just before serving and cut into slices. Put the remaining part of roll back into freezer.