Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A classic Thanksgiving dessert. Pumpkin pie is a tasty dessert with a pumpkin-based filling best served with vegan whipped cream.
- 1 ¼ cup flour
1/4 ts. salt
6 tbsp. vegan butter, chilled
4-6 tbsp. ice-cold water
2 ¾ cups pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
2 ½ tbsp. cornstarch
1 ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
Vegan Whipped cream (Optional)
1. For the crust, combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix until combined. Add small clumps of the cold butter to the flour. Gently work together the dough. Add the cold water a little bit at a time. Add only enough water so that the dough holds together.
2. Once the dough is loosely formed, transfer to plastic wrap. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. For the filling, combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, brown sugar, almond milk, olive oil, cornstarch, pumpkin spice, and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
5. Roll out the pie crust on wax paper. Roll it into a circle, evenly thick.
6. Transfer pie crust to pan. Gently form it to the pan and seal any cracks.
7. Pour filling into crust.
8. Bake for 55-65 minutes until edges are golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and let cool.
10. Let cool and then refrigerate so that it can fully set.
11. Serve with vegan whipped cream.