Pecan Pie Cookies
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
10 Minutes per batch
Pecan Pie Cookies are a quick and easy alternative to pecan pie! Pecan Pie Cookies are made of a shortbread cookie with pecan pie filling and a maple glaze frosting.
- Cookie Ingredients
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg or its equivalent
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup vegan whipped cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to shortening mixture and mix well.
4. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cooking sheet covered with parchment paper. Make a 1/2 inch deep indentation in the center of each ball.
5. In another bowl, combine filling ingredients and mix well. Spoon the filling into the indentations.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or so until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute then transfer to wire rack.
7. In another bowl, combine the powdered sugar and maple syrup. Mix well.
8. Once the cookies have cooled, glaze with maple frosting.