Pasta with Homemade Meat Sauce
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
What can you do with fresh tomatoes? The homemade meat sauce is one of our favorite go-to recipes! The homemade meat sauce is made of fresh tomatoes, ground beef, Italian sausage, white onions, garlic cloves, tomato paste, sugar, and Italian seasonings. Serve over your favorite pasta and top with fresh parsley and vegan Parmesan.
- 5 lbs. tomatoes
2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. Italian sausage
2 white onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. basil
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
Vegan Parmesan cheese
Vegan buttery spread
Box of spaghetti noodles
1. Dice tomatoes. Place tomatoes in a large pot and simmer for 15 minutes until tomatoes start to reduce and liquid forms.
2. Meanwhile, in another pan, cook beef. Once fully cooked, drain grease, place in a bowl, and set aside.
3. In the same pan that you cooked the beef, cook the Italian sausage. Once fully cooked, place in a bowl, and set aside.
4. With some of the grease still in the pan, add diced onions. You may want to add a tablespoon of olive oil or vegan buttery spread. Cook for 5 minutes until golden brown. For the last 1-2 minutes, add in garlic.
5. Combine tomatoes, beef, Italian sausage, sautéed onion and garlic, and seasonings in a large pot (at least 8 quart pot). Simmer for 30-45 minutes with cover on.
6. Serve over pasta. Top with vegan Parmesan cheese and parsley.