Oven Roasted Roast Beef
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Rump roast is a lean and affordable cut of beef. This Oven Roasted Roast Beef Recipe is an easy and tasty recipe for the whole family.
- Roast Beef
3 lbs. rump roast
6 garlic cloves, sliced
Freshly ground sea salt & pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. buttery spread
1 tbsp. flour
2 cups beef broth
1. Remove the roast from the oven. Use a knife to cut slits into the roast. Insert the sliced cloves of garlic into the rump roast.
2. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Let sit at room temperature for one hour before cooking.
4. Preheat the oven 225 degrees.
5. Over medium to high heat, add olive oil to cast iron. Sear the rump roast on all sides until brown.
6. Transfer roast to baking dish. Cook the roast for 2 to 2.5 hours. Measure the temperature of the roast. It should be 140 to 150 degrees.
7. Remove from oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before cutting.
8. While the roast is resting, transfer drippings to saucepan. Add buttery spread and melt. Add 2 tbsp. flour. Stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until flour starts to turn golden brown. Slowly add in beef broth and stir until combined. Cook for a few minutes until gravy is thickened. Add salt and pepper.
9. Thinly slice the beef roast against the grain.
10. Slice, serve, top with gravy, and enjoy!