Mississippi Mud Pie Cookies
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Mississippi Mud Cookies are ooey-gooey chocolate cookies with marshmallows and pecans.
- 1 cup vegan semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup unsalted margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs or equivalent
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 vegan semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Microwave 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels in a small bowl for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave another 30 seconds.
3. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, mix, and add another egg. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup of morsels.
5. Form into a 1 inch cookie roll, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze for 20 minutes.
6. Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the roll into 1/2 inch pieces. Press 3 marshmallows into the center of the cookie.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.