Meatloaf is classic comfort food primarily made of ground beef combined with other ingredients, formed into a loaf, and baked with a ketchup brown sugar glaze.
- 1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 white onion, minced
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 5x9 bread loaf pan.
2. Heat a small skillet oven medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread along with white onion. Sauté for 5 minutes. Transfer onions to large bowl.
3. Add bread crumbs, almond milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley to bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Add beef mixture to loaf pan. Pat down into even layer.
5. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup and 2 tbsp. brown sugar. Stir to combine and pour sauce over meat.
6. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes.
7. Let meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving.