Maple Bacon Grilled Cheese
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
The Maple Bacon Grilled Cheese is a delicious combination of bread, vegan cheddar cheese, and maple bacon. Our favorite weekend breakfast!
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
Pinch of cayenne
1 lb. thick-cut bacon
4 vegan cheese slices
8 white bread slices
Vegan buttery spread
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and a pinch of cayenne.
3. Cover a cookie sheet in aluminum foil. Lay a 1/2 lb. of bacon out, evenly spaced. Use a pastry brush to coat the top side of bacon with the maple syrup mixture. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove bacon from oven, flip, cover other side with maple syrup mixture, and return to oven for another 8-10 minutes. Watch the bacon closely for the last 5 minutes - it can burn easily if unattended. Repeat with other 1/2 pound of bacon.
4. For the grilled cheese sandwiches, spread vegan buttery spread on outside of bread. Layer bread slice, maple bacon (about 3 slices each), a slice of vegan cheese, and bread slice.
5. Cook grilled cheese in a non-stick pan over medium to medium high heat. Flip every 3-5 minutes until each side is golden brown.