Bacon Mac & Cheese Bites
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Fish-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Soy-Free
Bacon Mac & Cheese Bites are an easy-to-make, kid-friendly appetizer made of bite-size mac and cheese bites with bacon!
- 2-3 cups elbow macaroni
1 lb. bacon
1 white/yellow onion, diced
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups almond milk
8 oz. vegan Cheddar shreds
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray inside of mini muffin cups (2 trays).
2. Cook the noodles until tender based on the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Cook bacon and reserve 2 tbsp. bacon grease.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon grease. Sauté onion until translucent. Add 2 tbsp. buttery spread and 2 tbsp. flour. Mix to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until flour starts to brown.
5. Slowly add in almond milk and mix until combined. Cook for 5-10 minutes until creamy. Add vegan cheddar and parmesan cheese.
6. Add macaroni to mixture. Mix until sauce is evenly distributed. Gently fold in the crumbled bacon.
7. Spoon macaroni into mini muffin cups.
8. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan and serving.