Loaded Hash Browns
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Soy-Free
Loaded Hash Browns have crispy hash browns on the outside with a delicious layer of vegan cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onion on the inside with even more vegan cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onion on top! These hash browns could be a meal in itself. All your favorite ingredients come together in one mouth-watering recipe.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp. buttery spread
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
1/4 lb. bacon, crumbled
1 bunch green onions, diced
1. Grate the potatoes into a large bowl. Soak grated potatoes in cold water. Stir until water is cloudy, drain, and cover again with fresh cold water. Stir again, drain potatoes, and pat dry with paper towel.
2. In a large cast iron pan, heat 2 tbsp. buttery spread and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
3. Season grated potatoes with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon potatoes into cast iron pan. Pat down to create a thin potato layer. Top with vegan shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions. Spoon additional potatoes on top and pat down to create an outer layer of hash browns. Let cook for 5-10 minutes until you can flip with a spatula.
5. Once you have flipped the hash brown, layer with additional vegan cheddar shreds, crumbled bacon, and diced green onions. Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately and eat them when they are crispy!