Lemon Garlic Salmon
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetic, Low Carb, Low Fat
A little effort goes a long way with this recipe and by that, I mean it literally requires only a little effort! The results are a moist cut of salmon with a crisp outer layer drizzled with lemon and a little more than a hint of garlic to compliment the dish.
- 28 oz. skinless salmon
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
8 garlic cloves, finely minced
4 tbsp. chopped parsley
Lemon slices of half a lemon
1. Pat dry room temperature salmon filets with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice over each filet.
2. Make garlic butter. Combine vegan buttery spread, minced garlic, and lemon zest.
3. Heat the lemon-garlic butter a large skillet. Place salmon filets flesh side down, pressing them lightly so the entire surface of the flesh comes into contact with the pan. Sear, undisturbed, for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden.
4. Flip and sear the other side of each filet for two minutes. Add in lemon slices.
5. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes, or until salmon reaches desired doneness. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
6. Garnish with the remaining parsley and drizzle the lemon-garlic butter over each filet.
*** This recipe can be done with skin-on salmon. I recommend leaving the skin side down for the majority of the time. After about 10 minutes, the salmon easily separates from the skin. At this time, I typically flip the salmon onto the skillet to crisp the top and remove the skin from the skillet. After 2-3 minutes, I flip again to crisp other side.