Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs are a perfect healthy summer grilling recipe! Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs are made of marinated chicken, zucchini, squash, and red onion.
- Kabob Ingredients
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 fresh lemon juice
4 tsp. lemon zest
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1-1/2 inch pieces
3 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
3 yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
Lemon Garlic Butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp. buttery spread
1 tsp. lemon zest
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper.
1. In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, pepper, and salt.
2. Place diced chicken in a large bowl. Pour marinade over chicken. Let the chicken marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Stir every 30 minutes to evenly marinate the chicken.
3. Fire up the grill and preheat to about 400 degrees.
4. Thread chicken, zucchini, squash, and red onion onto skewers.
5. Place kabobs on grill. Grill for 7 minutes, turn, grill for another 7 minutes, turn, and grill for another 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
6. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and freshly ground pepper.
7. Serve the kabobs with white rice and drizzle lemon garlic butter over the top.