Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Lasagna soup is a hearty soup loaded with sausage and beef. Lasagna soup is a fun twist and far less intricate than traditional lasagna.
- 1 lb. sausage
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 white onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 red pepper, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
6 oz. tomato paste
14 oz. tomato sauce
4 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. fennel seed
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 box lasagna noodles
1 zucchini, diced (optional)
6 oz. spinach, chopped (optional)
8 oz. vegan Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium to high heat, cook beef until mostly done. Drain grease and transfer to soup pot.
2. In the same skillet, cook sausage until mostly done. Reserve grease in pan and transfer sausage to soup pot.
3. Add a tbsp. olive oil to skillet. Add diced white onion, carrots, and red pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to soup pot.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and seasoning to soup pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. While the soup is simmering, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
6. When the soup is just about done, add the zucchini and spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve soup with noodles and top with vegan Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.