Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A great summer appetizer with a spicy twist! Jalapeno Bruschetta is made of tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, garlic cloves, red onion, dried cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper served on a baguette and topped with vegan cheddar shreds. This Jalapeno Bruschetta is a definite must-try for anyone who enjoys a little spice in their life.
- 1 baguette
Vegan buttery spread
1 bag vegan Cheddar Shreds
1-pint cherry tomatoes
2-3 jalapeno peppers
2 garlic cloves
1 small red onion
1 tbsp. dried cilantro
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices. Spread vegan margarine on bread slices.
3. Sprinkle vegan Cheddar Shreds on bread slices.
4. Dice the tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic cloves, and red onion.
5. In a medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos, minced garlic, diced red onion, dried cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix.
6. Spread about 1 tbsp. of the tomato mix on each baguette slice.
7. Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
*** Instead of baking, fire up the grill and cook over direct heat for 3 minutes, rotate, and cook for another 3 minutes.