Jalapeno Bacon Bites
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Jalapeno Bacon Bites have a crunchy, cheesy exterior with a creamy, spicy interior with bacon, cheese, and jalapenos. A spicy, tasty appetizer that is great for any party occasion!
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
2 cups vegan cheddar cheese shreds
1 tsp. salt, divided
1 tsp. black pepper, divided
2 Red Mill egg replacer
12 oz. vegan cream cheese
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 jalapenos, diced
2 jalapenos, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheddar cheese shreds, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and egg replacer equivalent.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each cup with a tablespoon of bread crumb mixture. Press into pan so that you cover the edges and make a whole in the middle.
4. In another bowl, mix cream cheese, diced jalapenos, crumbled cooked bacon, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
5. Place 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mix into the middle of each tin. Sprinkle more of the breadcrumb mixture on top. Then top with a jalapeno slice.
6. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.