Italian Salad with Chicken & Bacon
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Inspired by Olive Garden, this copycat Italian salad is far more deluxe than anything you can order at a restaurant. Our Italian Salad is a combination of chicken, bacon, tomatoes, red onion, Pepperoncini peppers, roasted red peppers, quinoa, and spinach coated in a homemade Italian salad dressing and topped with vegan Parmesan and homemade croutons.
- Salad Ingredients
1 1/2 lb. chicken, cooked and diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 English cucumber, diced
1 red onion, diced
3/4 jar Pepperoncini peppers
1 jar Roasted Red Peppers
1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled.
1 bag/box spinach
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Italian Salad Dressing Mix
6 tbsp. Olive Oil
3 tbsp. Red wine vinegar
1. Combine diced chicken, tomatoes, red onion, and quinoa in large bowl.
2. Combine cucumber and peppers in large strainer. Drain excess liquid. Pat down as needed to drain more. Once some of the liquid has been removed, add cucumbers and peppers to large bowl.
3. For the dressing, follow the Italian package instructions and combine with olive and red wine vinegar as needed. Measurements listed are an estimate.
4. For meal prep, store the salad, dressing, spinach, and bacon separately in 4 different containers.
5. When its time to serve, combine the salad mixture with the spinach. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve in bowls with crumbled bacon, vegan Parmesan cheese, and homemade croutons.