Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Soy-Free
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is a hearty, delicious salad with honey mustard chicken, carrots, red onion, tomatoes, couscous, bacon, spinach, and avocado coated with a homemade honey mustard dressing.
- Marinade/Dressing Ingredients
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup Dijon mustard
5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 boneless chicken thighs
1 cup carrots, matchstick cut
1 red onion, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 cup couscous, cooked and cooled
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 avocado , diced
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place chicken thighs in large bowl and pour half the marinade over the chicken. Let sit 30 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet. Place chicken thighs in pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken. Let cool.
3. For the dressing, combine the remaining 1/2 of the marinade with 3 tbsp. olive oil.
4. Dice chicken into bite-size pieces.
5. Combine diced tomatoes, carrots, couscous, red onion, and chicken in large bowl. If you are meal prepping, store this mixture as is and separate from bacon, avocado, dressing, and bacon.
6. To serve, combine chicken mixture with spinach. Top with dressing and toss to coat. Serve in bowls and top with diced avocado and crumbled bacon.