Honey Garlic Chicken
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Honey Garlic Chicken is baked chicken coated in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce.
- 12 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp. buttery spread (divided)
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce or liquid amino acids
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. In a cast iron or oven proof skillet, heat 1 tbsp. buttery spread. Add chicken and sear for 3-5 minutes, flip, and sear the other side.
4. Transfer cast iron or skillet to oven. Cook for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Carefully, return skillet to stove.
5. While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by combing honey, water, vinegar, and soy sauce in measuring cup and/or bowl.
6. Once the chicken is baked on the stove, add 1 tbsp. buttery spread and minced garlic cloves. Cook for about 1 minute. Add sauce.
7. Continue to cook sauce and chicken for 5 minutes until sauce reduces down and slightly thickens.
8. Serve with rice and vegetables.